Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Debt-Depressed

I haven't posted in a while and its not really because I haven't had anything to say. Admittedly, what I do have to say is probably a little boring, but the main reason is that I am debt-depressed. I knew when I started this blog that our situation would get worse before it gets better, but I am really getting tired of debt (even if it is currently necessary). Over the last month and a half, we not only didn't pay off any debt, we wound up over $3,000 more in debt. Much of this is because of my decision to pay off debts that we can't "re-use", but it just feels like no matter how hard I try, it doesn't get any better.

For instance, I got a new 0% intro APR credit card to help pay off one of my big credit cards. I transferred $2,900 to the new card and planned to attack the old one. However, shortly after the payment, they raised my credit limit by almost $2,000. With our home needing renovations before we can rent it, we decided to use the old card to pay for it, and now we have just over $600 left on a $10,000 card. It is pretty depressing.

On the bright side, I paid off my personal loan this morning which is a big thing. I do wonder if I should have kept putting the extra money towards credit debt. Times are tight right now though, and I have little doubt we would have found a way to use it.

I mentioned in an earlier post how we sold our SUV to save some money. Well, we used some of it for new tires, and the rest is going to be used to build a trailer to transport our black labs. Well, I bought one last night at Harbor Freight. It is a 4' x 8' trailer and it cost $250 (which is $50 cheaper than it usually is). The weird thing is that it comes disassembled. So I will try to put it together myself and build a suitable dog box for it. I'll probably post pictures so you all can laugh at me.

So, that's why I haven't really posted all that much. If you read this blog, please send me some encouragement.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hey man,

Don't get discouraged. My wife and I are trying to pay off our debt right along with ya!! Most of ours was incurred as the result of this event called a wedding. Oh well. I had some before that anyway, along with my student loans too. We are running right next to you and Michelle. We just paid off and cancelled one of our 5 credit cards. The end is closer today than it was yesterday. Just keep remembering how good it felt to pay off that personal loan.

Prayin for ya,
Himz