Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Buying Books


So, here's the deal. I know that blogs can make money. I don't expect mine to, but I know that some of the bigger ones net a profit because of the links you can put on your page to sites like Amazon.com. I understand and you might notice that I even participate (no hits yet though).

What I don't understand is why I can't recall ever reading, in any of the many many blogs on frugality and debt management, about the benefits of using the library. I live in a pretty good sized city with a fairly large library system, and I use it all the time. The majority of my patronage is directed at audio books. I have a 45 minute commute every morning to work, so I can listen to these books while driving and it has made a HUGE impact on my desire to get out from under my debt.

Here are some books that I recommend:
The Automatic Millionaire
The Millionaire Next Door
The Millionaire Mind

These were all available on CD and they are very eye-opening.
I have more books to listen to, but right now, these are the only ones I have finished.

Also, let's not forget that the library has regular books too! Not to mention that some books have special hidden websites that you will have access to simply by borrowing the book from the library.

If you are one of those who needs to write notes in your books...go to the library, borrow the book and if you like it..buy it!

No comments: