Thursday, May 8, 2008

First Post

I’ve been reading a lot of financial blogs recently, and I thought that perhaps I would try it. Just to make it clear, I don’t claim to be any kind of an expert like most of these bloggers. In fact, I am pretty much just an ordinary guy with a whole lot of debt that I want to “delete”. (NOTE: I know that the name is kind of lame, but the good ones were all taken.)

A little about me: I am 30 years old. Although I grew up in New England, my time in the Air Force led me to the great southern-Midwest area. I got married a couple of years ago and my wife has just finished Pharmacy School. As such, we’ll be making a lot more money now, but we are also about to move to a different state, a bigger house, and so on and so on.

Also, with a shiny new degree comes all those student loans she used to pay for college, and it is a LOT. Don’t get me wrong, I have quite a bit of debt as well, and mine is more "bad debt". I'll get into more detail about all of this in a future post as I try to delete my debt.

So, I guess that my goal with this blog is a) I want to blog and my regular life is pretty boring, b) I want to get out of debt and encourage others and I don’t imagine there are many people out there with as much “bad debt” as we have, and c) I can share tips and such that I find on other blogs.

Your feedback is very welcome.

No comments: